Other features of Endnote that I love are the searching features. As long as you have access, Endnote allows you to search through various electronic indexes according to the topic of your specialty and subject. For me, Pubmed is one great choice seeing as how my topics are generally medically-based. There is either an internal search option, or you can search externally and import your results into Endnote for management. There are also options to search for articles already in the Endnote library. Another great feature is that you can choose your desired format, whether it be MLA or APA or some other. I also appreciate how you can attach the full-text articles directly into Endnote to have all the needed information in one place. The best feature I have come across so far is the Cite While You Write. I love this because it links to Word so I can import my citations within my text while writing, then have Endnote format a bibliography for me at the end in my chosen format output. This feature helps to save a ton of time on the fine details of periods and commas. Overall, Endnote is a great reference management tool and a real time-saver.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Module 2, Question 2 Response
As my reference management software, I decided to use Endnote, and can I just say that I love it! Endnote is a great tool, and although it requires just a little time to get used to it, once you discover its features it is a real time-saver. Within Endnote, there are various ways to sort and organize references. First off, you can choose to have one library or several libraries to sort the references, perhaps for different research projects. I, so far, have chosen to keep one library. Within each library, you can sort your references into different custom groups that you name according to its contents. This helps to keep track of project-specific searches. Also, within the groups, you can choose to list your references alphabetically or according to date, which is also helpful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment